First Transfer: Complete!
I can't believe that I have already finished my first transfer as a missionary! Everyone really isn't kidding when they say that time flies. It's crazy looking back on when I first entered the MTC to now and how much I've learned, grown, and changed. I hope that as more transfers come and go that I will continue to be able to learn, grown and be more deeply converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
With that being said, I thought that for this week's email I'd just share a couple of highlights of the week.
1. R is officially investigating the church. We went to Subway with him last week and had an amazing gospel discussion and he said that he'd love to learn more! We are so ecstatic to be able to be teaching him! :)
2. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Robison this week! (She's my buddy from the MTC if you've forgotten!). It was so much fun, because we had dreamed all throughout our MTC stay that we'd hopefully be companions in the field. We took so many trips down memory lane and laughed at how much things had changed! We had a great time visiting multiple less-active members, and old people in her area! We laughed so much and it was such a refreshing experience to spend time with her again!
3. WE ARE SO BLESSED WITH SO MUCH FOOD. I've learned very quickly that this is a blessing and a curse. One day this week we were fed breakfast, lunch, and two dinners all within 6 hours of each other. I think my stomach is going to explode.
4. I also had my very first candle light dinner on the mission ( you probably never thought that would happen did ya? haha) We went over for Sunday dinner at the amazing Cleveland family's home. They fed us delicious curry and we ate it over candlelight outside! Sister Gillins and I were dying laughing as we attempted to see the food our plates from the two candles that were lit on the table.
5. The one downfall of this week is that all of the missionaries in our district have been really sick with sinus infections. It has made missionary work extra challenging, but we are still doing our very best to work given the circumstances.
Overall this was another amazing, event-filled week. I am absolutely loving being a part of this amazing work and am loving see miracles happen every day. I'm so grateful for all of your continual love and support!